Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Boxes in a Hurry

Boxes in a Hurry

Using the Gift Box Punch Board is so easy, it literally is something anyone can do.  With no cutting apart from sizing the paper or card you are using, it is a dream to use.  I love how easy it is to produce exactly the size and shape of box to suit a gift.  The boxes look lovely without any decoration but we crafters find it difficult not to add something, don't we?

I needed to quickly make up some boxes for a display (the night before) and I thought I would share these simple but gorgeous examples.


 This photo shows 3 different sizes.  The large square white box was stamped on all four sides in Tip Top Taupe using the White Christmas stamp set.  I then dotted the 2-way glue pen over the ink and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds and the glistening snow effect came to life.

 
The tag on the top was made using the Banner Triple Punch, the largest tag in Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, the middle one in Tip Top Taupe and the top one stamped in Tip Taupe again using the White Christmas stamp set. Gold ribbon attaches the tag.

  
This smaller square box is simply made from a retired 2014 DSP which I love and wrapped with  red ribbon (retired) and gold 1/8" ribbon.  The flower is scrunched white filter paper held together with a brad and edged with Dazzling Diamonds.  I used one of the Tags and Labels Framelits for the tag and edged it with the Real Red Stampin' Write Marker and Dazzling Diamonds.  The greeting in Real Red is from the Lots of Joy stamp set.



For a complete change of pace the small rectangular box is Soft Sky cardstock, decorated with Flowering Flourishes stamp in Soft Sky ink on all four sides.   The tag is 2 sizes of scalloped circle punches with the flower head stamped on the smaller and edged with Soft Sky Stampin' Write Marker.  I tied the Baker's Twine so that the stamped tag hung at the same level as the stamped image underneath.  I just love the understated elegance of colour-on-colour stamping.

With such uncomplicated but delightful packages, there is an almost instant resolution to the last-minute "what am I going to wrap this in?"      

Unfortunately I can't show the products as I normally do (some computer glitch) but on the day of posting (1st October 2015) the Gift Box Punch Board is one of the items in Weekly Deals which you can view at my online store via my website.

Keep on crafting
Lorraine













No comments:

Post a Comment